Friday, May 18, 2007

Maryon Wilson Animal Park

The Animal Park, or Children's Zoo some call it, is a real hidden treat of Charlton. Well I thought it was pretty well hidden, I was delightfully surprised when I stumbled upon it while out walking one day.

They've got a number of animals including things like sheep, ducks and, best of all, deer.

It turns out that tomorrow, Saturday the 19th, they're having an open day (click here for more info). It's a shame as I'm going to be out and about in town doing non Charlton and decidedly non average things. Otherwise I probably would have popped up there, if only to see the birds of prey thing they've got going on.

If you'd like to know where the park is click here.

It's been a while since I've been up there so I should go again and take a camera with me, I think it's really rather nice.

No comments: