Thursday, July 05, 2007

Tour de France

Well Sunday's the day that the Tour de France will come to Charlton. The official web site, http://www.tourdefrancelondon.com has a lot of information on what's going on. To get you straight to the point there's a leafleft with times and maps to be found here.

There's both a parade of floats and the bike race itself passing along Woolwich road going out to Kent. The time's that they're due to pass Greenwich are:

Float Parade: 09:15
Riders: 11:00

Both times are estimates so there's going to be some variation. You'll also have to add on a bit of time to allow for them to get from Greenwich to Charlton.

So I'll probably get myself down there for about 9am, then I might pop home for a cuppa and get back there for about 10.45. I'll see how the time passes, if it's a great atmosphere I might well just hang around.

For those who are interested in road closures the key one seems to be that Woolwich Road is shut from 6am to 2pm.

The Blackwall Tunnel appears to be open but the slip roads down to the Woolwich Road roundabout will be closed at the same times as Woolwich Road itself.

I'm looking forward to this, I hope it stays dry......

No comments: