Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Activity at the boarded up house...

There's a house near me that's been boarded up for months, ever since it was attacked for the second time by a group of "lads".

I walked past it earlier and there were signs of activity, the door had been opened. So I'm presuming that something's going on there now.

Which is good, an empty house isn't any good for anybody.

I do wonder what's going on there though. A friend asked me about it a while ago, I think he was pondering doing a buy to let thing with it, and I had to say I had no idea about it's situation. As an aside I'm not sure where I stand on the buy-to-let thing, while we need rental homes it does drive up property prices something silly.

I'm hoping that it is going to be fixed up and that we'll get some nice people in there.

By "nice" what I mean is just some people who want to live around here and will give a damn about the street. People who will give just a bit of TLC to the house. Then hopefully some of that will rub off on the area, each small candle lights a corner of the dark and all that.

Also it will just be so nice to walk past a home rather than a boarded up shell.

No comments: