Friday, March 28, 2008

Councillors in "not giving a monkeys" shock!

Well over a week has passed since I wrote to my Councillors and the Council about the state of Floyd Road.

Only one of them has bothered to write back to me, Councillor Janet Gillman. Her response was merely to say that she had reported the matter to Cleansweep. Not a word about what she was going to do to stop this happening week after week after week. I'm quite capable of contacting Cleansweep myself but it doesn't fix the problem, it just hides it for a couple of days.

So two of the three Councillors, Councillor Allan MacCarthy and Councillor Gary Parker, who are meant to represent Charlton appear to not give a Monkey's about the place. Councillor Gillman herself only appears to give a very small monkey's uncle.

This got me thinking, what is the smallest monkey in the world? Well it turns out to be the Pygmy Marmoset.

So while I consider who to write to next in my continuing attempts to stop my street looking like a rubbish dump allow me to present the Charlton Average Monkey Chart!

This will list who I've contacted and try to give some idea about how much they care about the people they represent and work for.

The Charlton Average Monkey Chart!

CouncillorResponse TimeMonkey's Uncle

Councillor Janet Gillman
2 Working Days, no long term solution.
Pygmy_Marmoset

Councillor Allan MacCarthy
No ResponseCouldn't give a monkey's!

Councillor Gary Parker
No ResponseCouldn't give a monkey's!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Power to the people - Long live Blogs!

Wonder if they will 'magically' contact you, now they have been exposed as lazy, uninterested prats?


Mike
Charlton

Mark said...

I can only hope that this might get some results, though I doubt it, there's just not enough people that read this.

It took me managing to get the BBC to cover some of this to get the bins at the top of the street emptied after sitting their rotting for two months.

Well either that or it was a complete coincidence that they were finally dealt with the day after the BBC published the photos.

Still I shall keep on trying. The last thing this area needs is another "don't care".

Anonymous said...

I'm gobsmacked.

You mean you actually got a reply!!

Mark said...

I did indeed JJ.

However it was only 50 words and basically said that she had raised the matter with Cleansweep. There wasn't any mention made as to what she would do to try and stop it happening in future.