Friday, June 20, 2008

Tomorrow's "Great Get Together"

Barbara, in a comment to an earlier post, points out that tomorrow there is a Great Get Together at the Royal Artillery Barracks in Woolwich (read about it here).

She's going to be going along to talk to her local Councillors about the poor state that the new rubbish collection scheme has left her local streets in.

That seems to be my local "Great Get Together" too so I will try to make an appearance there and collar a Councillor or two as well. The more of us that do that the better. So please if you're bothered by the state of our streets please try and get there if you can. I'm convinced that people power can work and that we can make a difference over this.

It's interesting to note that I don't think I've had one email from the Council about it though. They're more than happy to email me when the O2 seems to be short of bums on seats (like the one today for the Comedy Event tomorrow that's happening when the Jubilee Line is shut) but nothing about an important local event like that.

I'm sure you can make your own conclusions on that...

No comments: