Monday, February 09, 2009

It's all the snow's fault!

Councillor Gary Parker has to his credit replied to my email. I should point out that he replied very quickly after I sent it and that this is the first chance I've had to post it up.

This is what he had to say....

I will get back to you on this, though my initial comments are that given the new bins have only just been delivered and given the weather recently, when many of our staff in waste collection have been diverted onto gritting and other related issues, its still to early to assess the success or failure of the new arrangements. But I will consult officers on some specific issues you raise and get back to you.

So if I'm reading that right it's the fault of the weather and it's effect upon waste collection staff that is causing people to continue to put black sacks out in the wrong week or to "contaminate" their bins.

So that must mean that there are more black bins on the way but their deliveries were held up by the snow. Or perhaps Council staff were due to go around and talk to residents but were called away to deal with the weather.

Or it could just be a convenient, but not too plausible, excuse...

I'm sure that he'll get back to me, to his credit he is good with email communication, and we'll see if he goes into any more detail.

No comments: